Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be simplest way to amend 1120S only to change bus. info. Not amending any amounts.

Pablo
Level 3

Only need to amend Bus. Activity Code, activity, product & service, and address.

Plan to mail the amended return. Does the entire return need to be furnished?

thank you

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

You have to send the entire tax return.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes. Mark the Amended Box. Make the changes. Attach an explanation of the changes.

Why not efile it?

Ex-AllStar
Pablo
Level 3

Thanks very much.

Had previously efiled this 2109 amended 1120S. Pro Series doesn't seem to process 2nd amended '19 return. Probably the technically inept User! I'll just certify mail.

So is it necessary to send entire multi page return? Or can get by with less?

Regards,

Charlie Allnut

sjrcpa
Level 15

You have to send the entire tax return.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@sjrcpa since there is no change in income, is the amended necessary? Could they file a 8822-B to do a change of address and make the other changes on the next return filed? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Pablo
Level 3

Thank you both.

Regardless we have to file an amended 2019 return. And will include the entire return. We got rejected for a govt grant because our 2019 1120S didn't reflect the appropriate Activity Code. We'll appeal after mail in the amended return. When I took over doing this 1120S from a very good CPA firm, I just kept using the same activity code they'd been using for several years.

Thank you again

PATAX
Level 15

@Pablo in my opinion activity codes are very important... Because if the numbers on the return are not what is expected based on ratios and the average on other returns with that same activity code then a red flag for audit could be thrown up....

0 Cheers
Pablo
Level 3

Very good point. Noted with thanks

0 Cheers