Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if client doesn't have a drivers license?

ddwade
Level 2
How can I efile if the wife can't drive any more and so she didn't renew her drivers license?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Yes, that should work.   I've also tried to delete driver's license detail when clients license has expired but the crazy form still wants a state entered.  So I delete the form. My state doesn't require ID.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
clr600
Level 8

IRS does not require a drivers licenses some states do. Check no licenses for the spouse.

dkh
Level 15

What about a state ID card?   Identity Verification Worksheet has option for that instead of Drivers License.

0 Cheers
ddwade
Level 2

I did check no DL, but unless you delete the ID Form and then bring it back, checking that box still shows an error at the place where you enter the state.  And, it won't efile, unless you say don't check for errors.  But i say where someone said delete, reenter the spouse who still does have a license, THEN you can check box spouse doesn't and it works.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Yes, that should work.   I've also tried to delete driver's license detail when clients license has expired but the crazy form still wants a state entered.  So I delete the form. My state doesn't require ID.

0 Cheers