Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time is the latest we can e-file on 5/17 to be considered timely filed?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, all of these unemployment questions are getting to me and I just needed to see something other than "unemployment" listed here.  But as long as I'm here, what date can we start e-filing 2021 tax returns?  I just thought I would get that one in early so I know I am the first to ask.

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Oh, and just to clarify.  Those 2021 returns can be transmitted on 12:01 a.m. on the start day, right?

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I was considering creating a post "I want to be unemployed ... so I don't have to deal with all of these unemployment questions".

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@IRonMaN wrote:

What time is the latest we can e-file on 5/17 to be considered timely filed?

11:59 P.M. in your time zone 😃

@IRonMaN wrote:

what date can we start e-filing 2021 tax returns?  I just thought I would get that one in early so I know I am the first to ask.

The IRS has yet to announce, but I'll keep my ear to ground for you! You win the award for the first question about it though! 😃😂

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
BobKamman
Level 15

It will be like applications for PPP grants.  Certain minorities will be allowed to start a week earlier.  Like, tax preparers who have ever filled out a return without the use of software.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I won!  I won!  Holy crap, I won!  I'm so excited I'm going to call it a day!  I won!

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@IRonMaN wrote:

I won!  I won!  Holy crap, I won!  I'm so excited I'm going to call it a day!  I won!

via GIPHY

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I really did WIN!!!!!!!!!

Slava Ukraini!