Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What standard answers would be acceptable for Form 8867, question 5?

judith-baum
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ernie
Level 9

Yes or No.

Do you request and keep any documentation from the individuals who you file taxes for that have this form filled out?  If so document what forms you kept to make the determination that you can claim those individuals.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Ernie
Level 9

Yes or No.

Do you request and keep any documentation from the individuals who you file taxes for that have this form filled out?  If so document what forms you kept to make the determination that you can claim those individuals.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I always say "yes".

I have satisfied the requirement if I feel I don't need documentation.  I have satisfied the requirement if I feel I need documentation and have a copy of it.  So either way I have satisfied the requirement (if I feel I need documentation, the tax return does not get filed until I get a copy of it).

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I answer yes, but I have been thinking about going with a "no" with a CAGM in the documentation line :cop::cop:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I include CAGMC with my signature, so it covers everything on the tax return.  :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
judith-baum
Level 1
what is cagmc?
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Come and get me coppers.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's an old line from an old friend that is no longer with us.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I always answer yes also.  Even a W2 would be one of the documents used to compute the amount of the credit. 

0 Cheers