Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ProSeries status on coding for new Indiana PTE election?

Chessie
Level 3
Indiana's new PTE election is being made available by Indiana Dept of Revenue after March 31st.  They have now made a draft of the Form and instructions available at https://www.in.gov/dor/tax-forms/ptet/ .  What is ProSeries doing to timely address this so we can make the election April 1st, 2023?
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

As a general rule, forms are not available in ProSeries until about 2 weeks AFTER the forms and instructions are finalized.

So if there is a deadline of April 1st, it seems very likely you will need to manually do them.

dkh
Level 15

For 2022, you have until Aug 31, 2024 to make the election.   

Chessie
Level 3

Thank you for your responses; however...

My question is more to Intuit:   What is their status on addressing the necessary coding on their end?  I know what to do once Intuit codes the new Indiana election form, etc. for e-filing.

Is Intuit timely addressing the new Indiana election form in ProSeries and the method for paying the tax by the Indiana S Corp or Partnership? 

Or will ProSeries be addressed substantially later than Lacerte as has happened before with Intuit?  I have spoken with colleagues using other tax software and they are ready to roll April 1st (as designated by the Indiana General Assembly) with the Indiana PTE tax election.

So the question remains:  What is the status on Intuit's ProSeries software updates regarding this Indiana change? I have a stack of PTE's and individual returns waiting for this election to be rolled out within the ProSeries' software.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Based on ProSeries history ..... you should plan on filing extensions.