Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What form do I need to use to file tax return for someone outside of US who own a business?

I have one of my new client outside in US that he is the US Citizen. He has his own business out of USA and he lives there since 7 years. He is married and have one child. I would like to know what form I need to use in Pro series to file his tax return? Also, He never file tax return since 7 years. Please advice

In addition, what document I will ask for someone who work outside of US as his W2 or 1099 to file his tax?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and he lives there"

Where is "there?"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

For starters, use the same forms you would if he lived in the US.

But you may want to seek assistance with this return.

You've got a nonfiler, potential foreign account and foreign asset reporting-delinquent subject to LARGE penalties, foreign earned income exclusion, foreign tax credit, etc.

Ex-AllStar

Lives there means "He lives outside of US since 7 years and never file a tax" He is owner of business outside of US. What document should I need to file his tax return.

0 Cheers

How can you help me to file?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I can't.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

You would need to know Where "there" is, so that you know which laws apply, if there is some sort of tax treaty, etc. You cannot just state "there" and then expect specific answers. Yes, it's clear the person is no longer in the US. That doesn't help clarify the rest of the story.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers