Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What confirmation do you receive when you have funds electronically withdrawn on a Form 1041 for the extension?

DebiHCPA
Level 4

I want to use the electronic withdrawal for the extension payment for a trust but I am concerned what sort of confirmation is received in case the IRS questions the payment or it doesn't post correctly.

Has anyone used this feature?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

You get nada. Just the ef acceptance and your file

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

You will have the electronic filing reports but no actual receipt for the payment withdrawal.    I have switched from doing the withdrawals within ProSeries to using IRS Direct Pay for just this reason.  I want a receipt for proof the payment was scheduled.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

You get nada. Just the ef acceptance and your file

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
DebiHCPA
Level 4

That isn't enough for me to feel comfortable paying that way then. Thanks.

DebiHCPA
Level 4

I really appreciate the frankness. I have so many trusts to extend with payments. Time to get out the pen and certified mail slips. Can't pay a trust online unless I sign up for EFTPS (I am trustee) which is what I think I will do. Not sure how long that will take - with IRS these days it could take a year!