Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what about the federal returns already filed?

mdtao31
Level 5

what about the fed returns already filed showing a debit date of 4/15/2021

Labels (1)
7 Replies 7
PATAX
Level 9

MD, you raised an excellent question period. My opinion is it will probably be debited on 4/15....

IRonMaN
Level 15

The money will be pulled on 4/15.

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.
PATAX
Level 9

👍I think you are right again Iron Man .... That is the date that they have been given before the extension announcement...

jeffmcpa2010
Level 8

Excellent reason moving forward to NEVER use the debit my account payment method.

(in 43 years I have not one single time had a client request this payment method.)

IRonMaN
Level 15

I tend to use the direct deposit often, but the electronic payment very sparingly.  Making sure a check is sent  in on time is the client's problem.  The money not getting pulled out on time suddenly becomes my problem.  I don't like problems.

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.
PATAX
Level 9

👍You hit the nail on the head Iron Man... Always a good idea to try to mitigate any potential future issues in my opinion...

PATAX
Level 9

👍 same thing here Jeff....