Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about old programs we still use at least 7 years back programs for our customers will they work on the new computer requirements?? Karen

ledgerrite
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'm on a Win10 system and have back to 2011 installed, they all work.  BUT Intuit has discontinued support for some of the older years, so you may not be able to install or update them on a new computer.   If you regularly prepare 7 year old tax returns, I'd be inclined to keep the old computer somewhere and use it only for those older year returns.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'm on a Win10 system and have back to 2011 installed, they all work.  BUT Intuit has discontinued support for some of the older years, so you may not be able to install or update them on a new computer.   If you regularly prepare 7 year old tax returns, I'd be inclined to keep the old computer somewhere and use it only for those older year returns.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yeah, I'm going to be upgrading computers this summer, and I think it's easier to hang on to an old computer than it is to mess around with loading older years of the software.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My home system is about 5 years old and has the older years on it, but compared to my new office computer, its really slow.  People that have been using older systems are going to be surprised how much faster a newer system will run the tax programs!

0 Cheers