Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer crash. What is the easiest way to get a copy of a 2015 return?

userthm4280
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I hope you have regular backup of your data somewhere.  That would be the easiest and only way to get a copy of any return back (assuming you are referring to a softcopy).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

I hope you have regular backup of your data somewhere.  That would be the easiest and only way to get a copy of any return back (assuming you are referring to a softcopy).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

A copy can be requested directly from the IRS. 

I suspect you are asking about just one return (yours), not all of your clients?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Was going to give the OP benefit of the doubt but guess not. :innocent::innocent:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
You could be right....we will see, when/IF the OP returns.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
I'm going with IRS option.............  who would ever bother to save copies or back up a computer?
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Bruce...you forgot the  /s
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
I think both of you are right.  Computers and hard disks are so reliable these days, backup is such an outdated thing to do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Yep...I stopped wasting my time doing backups years ago, right after cancelling my Carbonite subscription :joy::joy:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers