Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiver of Penalty on the California Return (Form 540)

ramras_8
Level 3

Without doing an Override, how do you get rid of the underpayment of estimated taxes penalty on line 113 of Form 540? I answered Yes to the Part I - Question 1 on Form 5805,  wrote the waiver explanation statement on the smart worksheet, and get rid of the 2 errors by writing the amount of penalty on line 13 of Part II of Form 5805 twice.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

are you asking for a waiver or do you need to input the 2019 info to get rid of the penalty?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ramras_8
Level 3

requesting for a waiver

0 Cheers
ramras_8
Level 3

Does anyone have the same issue with the California return when requesting for a waiver? Not sure what to enter and where on form 5805 to eliminate the penalty> It seems that the program requires an entry on line 13 of the form

0 Cheers
ramras_8
Level 3

There are two boxes that need to be filled in on line 13 for the 2 errors to disappear. When you right click on the first box , "About line 13" says Waiver text.  What do I enter on the first box ? The amount of penalty remains on Form 5805 even after entering the amount of penalty on the second box  on line 13, which, when you right click, it says "About line 13 - Waived penalty"  

0 Cheers