Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA S-Corp E-file

co
Level 3

I e-filed Client's S-corp VA state return multiple times and keep getting rejected for an error that is not an error.ERROR 502A-40. I have done final review and it is clean. I e-file the return. I get the error. I called VA dept of taxation, they confirmed my prep is correct and it should be fine. They suggested Proseries has a programming problem.

Anyone else having errors with VA State corp e filing that is rejected with error 502A-40?

What did yuo do aside from filing on paper which yes I know I can and likely will do to get this off my plate.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you view the entire rejection report, does it tell you what 502A-40 rejection means/refers to?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
co
Level 3

yes it does and I read that message verbatim to the VA dept of taxation rep who assured me I have the form prepared correctly

co

0 Cheers
co
Level 3

2020-07-23_10-49-42.jpg

0 Cheers
co
Level 3

Useless service and waste of time.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its a peer to peer volunteer board, it appears nobody that's familiar with VA Scorps has seen the post or been able to provide any assistance with this rejection.

Ive searched this board and google for this rejection and came up empty, unfortunately you may be stuck calling support for this one.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers