Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA 760PY INC Error on line 15

MISSERINR
Level 2

Client is PY Resident in VA and is Married Combined Income. There is an error on the 2020 PY760 INC line 15 Other Income. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's doing this. I cannot clear it out. This is how it defaults and I can't fix it. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Screenshot 2022-07-04 102444.png

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

I might try deleting the form and letting it recalc.  When that fails I'd delete the entire VA state return and the re-"open" it (it should ask you again if you want to transfer data from prior-year if there was any).  When that fails you might be left with a support call. 😞

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Do you have an source of "other income" listed on the federal return?

Did you use the PY/NR allocation worksheet at the bottom of the federal information worksheet?

I know CA has had some issues with items transferring from the newly designed Sch 1.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
MISSERINR
Level 2

Hi Lisa,

There is no "other income" on the return. Schedule 1 is blank with no numbers at all. So bizarre! 

Erin

0 Cheers
MISSERINR
Level 2

And yes, the PR allocations are listed. 

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

I might try deleting the form and letting it recalc.  When that fails I'd delete the entire VA state return and the re-"open" it (it should ask you again if you want to transfer data from prior-year if there was any).  When that fails you might be left with a support call. 😞

Rick

MISSERINR
Level 2

Thanks, Rick. We did try all of that. Sadly, it didn't work and it duplicates on other clients as well. 

0 Cheers