Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utah S-Corp return E-file rejected error 20S_20_029 and 20S_20_123 but Sch J is auto calculated

LJHCPA
Level 4

I have a Utah S-corporation return that is rejected for an alleged error on Schedule J (apportionment schedule when sales outside of Utah exist). The error says Line 14 must equal Line 6, but the form is auto calculated by ProSeries and doesn't show any errors in E-file review. From what I can see the form is calculating correctly. The error report says I may have to file this return by mail. The federal return was filed and accepted electronically.

How do I get ProSeries tech support to look at the return file and see if they can find an error in their programming? Is there a menu option to upload a file to Intuit for their review?  I don't see anything other than "Send Logs" in the help menu.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
jimst
Employee
Employee

Hi LJHCPA,

If Sch J is filed verify that you are using the correct Apportionment Fraction for the NAICS code on Sch J Line 7. Refer to pages 11 through 14 of the 2020 Utah TC-20S government instructions for entering Schedule J information in the "Apportionment Factors Smart Worksheet"

jimst

0 Cheers