Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to set up for PBR. Does anyone have any recommendations on which service to use? Pros and cons?

LTS
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Use the one that makes YOU the most money. You are bound to be stiffed by some that will have the refunds taken to pay other liens, like child support. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What is PBR?   For some reason my mind immediately thinks of Pabst Blue Ribbon (even though Ive never purchased or drank it  LOL)!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
@Just Lisa Now!   That was my EXACT thought.   :smile:
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
LOL... and mine.   There's a poster on a different forum who likes PBR; his listed location is "near the refrigerator"
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
After a bit more thought, PBR probably stands for Pay By Refund .....but I don't use it or know any professional preparers that do, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5
most of the folks who answer do not do pay by refund.  Our clients actually pay us.  so you are not likely to get many recommendations.  I would be concerned about PBR if IRS holds back or forwards the refund to a govt collection
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
I use quick collect. Client cost are zero, and your cost is $10. Note I charge a fee for the quick collect worksheet
0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
What is Quick Collect?
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
Look under e-file dropdown menu, choose pay-by-refund. you will see your options along with Quick Collect
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Use the one that makes YOU the most money. You are bound to be stiffed by some that will have the refunds taken to pay other liens, like child support. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers