Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPE not carrying over to schedule Schedule E??

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So I put the UPE on Schedule E- Supplemental Business Expenses Worksheet, but it doesn't carry forward to the schedule E, pg 2 as UPE in the loss column, like it has in years past.  Have i missed a change in the tax laws??  It flows thru to the Schedule SE properly..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did you check the "Materially Participate" box?  That is what triggers it for me.

If I don't check that box, it just reduces the profit (or increases the loss), rather than showing a separate entry as a loss.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did you check the "Materially Participate" box?  That is what triggers it for me.

If I don't check that box, it just reduces the profit (or increases the loss), rather than showing a separate entry as a loss.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Winner Winner!!!

Thanks so much!!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.