Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update client status after Organizer transfer

Click
Level 3

Our 1040 transferred clients are protective extended (4868) in bulk and the client status forms are updated with the extension filed and accepted dates. All good.  When a client's organizer is transferred to the 1040 formset, the client status form is completely purged, now showing only the transferred date.  I have tried doing acknowledgement status updates through the EF center page but the client status form is not updated to show that an extension has been filed and accepted.

How do I get the correct extension status updated on the client status page per the IRS dates for the benefit of the subsequent preparers? 

Will the extension filed and accepted dates show on the client's form 9325 when the return is e-filed?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Try this. Go to the E File Home Base and find your extended returns. Highlight them. Click the button at the top for Update Status. 

IDK if this will work.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Try this. Go to the E File Home Base and find your extended returns. Highlight them. Click the button at the top for Update Status. 

IDK if this will work.

0 Cheers
Click
Level 3

Yep, that did it!  IDK why I didn't notice that earlier.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I learn something new every year, sometimes twice a year.

I never knew you could rename files from the Home Base.

0 Cheers
Click
Level 3

I hear you on that!  We've used the package since the very earliest days (I think) back in '88 and we're <still> learning.  Heh.  Tnx again for your help.