Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreimbursed Partners Expense 1065 K-1 to 1040 Schedule E error. Not transferring, please help!

mvp2885
Level 5

I'm using proseries and I am completing a 1065, and partnership uses 2 vehicles. There are two partners in this business. My understanding is that if a partner uses their personal vehicle and they do not get reimbursed for mileage, they can take a deduction as "unreimbursed Partner Expense." Per proseries, instructions say you can add UPE on supplemental on K-1, but when I transfer that K-1 to the 1040, it gives me an error message saying that it does not know where to put that amount. From the IRS instructions, the UPE goes on line 28 on schedule E, but proseries doesn't allow me to fill out anything on that line. I have to manually override that sections, which creates errors. Please help. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't think you need to enter it on the K-1 generated by the partnership.  Normally you would manually enter the UPE information directly on the partner's K-1 worksheet in the 1040 module.  There is a spot for it if you look closely.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't think you need to enter it on the K-1 generated by the partnership.  Normally you would manually enter the UPE information directly on the partner's K-1 worksheet in the 1040 module.  There is a spot for it if you look closely.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers