Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8996 not available - why?

lbj-2017
Level 2

I don't understand why the tax software does not have all the necessary forms.  Form 8996 is not a complicated form but it would be helpful to have inside the software.  I also see no information when (if at all) it will be included in the future.  

Disappointed that no information is available - at least that I can find.  Does anyone know or have seen a time table?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, Intuit is not in the habit of keeping users informed of their development plans.  The fact that there is no published info about the form tells you there's no ETA for the release.  If I were to guess, I'd say it'd be in the package for 2019.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, Intuit is not in the habit of keeping users informed of their development plans.  The fact that there is no published info about the form tells you there's no ETA for the release.  If I were to guess, I'd say it'd be in the package for 2019.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mango1965
Level 1

I know it's crazy. I have a client with 225 partners and qualify for OZ status.

0 Cheers
mango1965
Level 1

I don't know why it is always a struggle with Pro Series and forms. Now 8996 is not available. Is it time to switch tax sofware!!!!

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Ask the IRS. They control forms. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.