Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected program closing

mappp
Level 4

My program has been unexpectedly closing.  I can't  pinpoint problem to a specific action.  Most recent time I finished printing a return, and computer sat idle while I assembled return.  When I went to start the next return the program had closed (crashed).  Sometimes it saves a back-up (twice yesterday) and other times it is at a point where nothing is lost.  Anybody else having this problem?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Misery evidently does love company - a few other folks have posted about the issue here.

Slava Ukraini!
mappp
Level 4

I searched to see if anyone had posted, but obviously didn't use the right words.  $(*&^%) didn't seem to work either!

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's probably because the search function doesn't work for $#$%#!!.

Slava Ukraini!
AliceTP
Level 2

been happening to me a lot today. whenever I efile and/or save. SUPER annoying!

mappp
Level 4

Just crashed when I tried to print a client's Tax History page and 2nd crash when in homebase when I tried to open an existing client.  I can't pinpoint what causes it.  Has crashed many times today.

0 Cheers
totsrus33
Level 2

My crashes regarless of what I am doing. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried running a Windows update to see if that has any effect?

Slava Ukraini!
totsrus33
Level 2

It happened before the update and after the updates. I can be working on a return it will just close...frustrating! 

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

@Orlando - many posts about program suddenly closing.  Any help would be appreciated.  My program closed 14 times (so far) today.  Did not have this problem prior to today.  It's closing at all random times, nothing I can report as to why. Learning to hit F9-F10 constantly and create recovery file every 3 minutes.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I asked that earlier today.  See Orlando's response:

Pro Series crashing - Intuit Accountants Community

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
gbman
Level 3

Can anyone help me get this issue escalated?  I am not getting anywhere.  

I am running the pro version, and they cannot seem to fix the issue.

0 Cheers