Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNEMPLOYMENT TAX WAIVER

luithe3rd
Level 2

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THE UNEMPLOYMENT TAX WAIVER TO BE IMPLEMENTED AND READY IN OUR SOFTWARE?

WILL WE MOST LIKELY HAVE TO FILE AMENDMENTS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY FILED THEIR TAXES WITH A 1099-G?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
BobKamman
Level 15

LET ME GUESS.  YOU MAKE IT A PRACTICE NEVER TO SPEND FIVE MINUTES READING RECENT COMMENTS HERE, TO FIND OUT IF ANOTHER 25 PEOPLE ARE DISCUSSING THE ISSUE.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

Imagine how many questions there are going to be if/when this actually becomes law!

dkh
Level 15

BEFORE THE SOFTWARE CAN BE CHANGED IT HAS TO FINALIZED BY CONGRESS AND SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT.    YOUR CART IS AHEAD OF YOUR HORSE.  🛒  🐴

abctax55
Level 15

Well, let's see:

1) WAIT until something actually is passed AND signed into law.

2) WAIT until the IRS has time to reset it's software.

3) WAIT until Intuit and all the other software providers have time to update their programing, get those updates approved by the IRS, then provide the new & improved software to us.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing we are already starting to get a little tired and ornery over this question, since it is the most popular question the last few days.  Who thought it could beat out the recovery rebate credit questions so quickly.  Hopefully all of those folks posting this question have clients as patient as they are ------- karma?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

To be clear the UNEMPLOYMENT TAX is a burden of the employer and the state. There is no waiver of that now, or on the drawing boards. 

There is my 2 pesos worth.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

@dkh 

Are we not drinking on this one?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
brill1ant
Level 2

Why is everyone so hot about this? As soon as this president signs the bill the irs will correct the forms everyone can charge to do a 1040X.

[edited by moderator]

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I don't know about you all but I updated my software for the law that hasn't passed yet.  I've amended about 50 returns so far and submitted them.  The key to all of this is to learn to code so we can change the software ourselves.  My tax season is over.  My cellmate in prison is asking for something special.  Bye.

sjrcpa
Level 15

The President has not received the bill yet.

Ex-AllStar
dkh
Level 15

I emptied my bottle yesterday.  Haven't had time to fire up my broom for a booze run. 

BobKamman
Level 15

You want him to sign before the House votes?  A true American.  Well, at least as good as the last guy.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Why is everyone so hot about this? As soon as this president takes his head out of his *** and signs the bill the irs will correct the forms everyone can charge to do a 1040X."

Wow; that's not really how this works. It's not even how it Doesn't work.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I emptied my bottle yesterday."

I warned you to buy the bigger one, next time...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

The House hasn't even received it from the Senate. 

PATAX
Level 15

The Eternal Echo .... Just my opinion