Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment compensation refund adjustment heads up

PATAX
Level 15

IRS is to begin sending out unemployment compensation refund adjustment within the next few days or so... Refunds will be mailed in phases... The simplest returns will receive the refund first, I.E. a single taxpayer with no children .... The most complicated returns will receive it last which could be up until the end of summer... Hope this helps and this is just my opinion..

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
USATAXLADY
Level 2

Thanks, I have been wondering if everyone who paid taxes on the full amount of unemployment would be refunded.

BobKamman
Level 15

Client received her refund check last week, with the explanatory notice a few days later.  She was initially confused (so was I, until I looked at the file) because the UC refund was by coincidence nearly the same amount as the refund on the original return.  Interest was paid from April 15.  However, the refund was based on the amount of UC reported on the original 1099-G, not on the corrected 1099-G sent by the state in April.  So now we get to file an amended return to pay back about $500 of the second refund (and to claim a correct state refund).