Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Print Client Presentation data Value does not fall within expected Range

Simple Man
Level 1

Everything in Proseries is printing except the client presentations.   The following error comes up even when trying to create a PDF

Unable to print Client Presentation data to the ProSeries "Client Presentation Printer"  Value does not faal with the expected range.

Hasa anyone else had this issue

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

19 Comments 19
Simple Man
Level 1

Undated frim ware for the Printer.   Updated to the latest win 10 driver still cant print the client presentations.

0 Cheers
beccaheller
Level 1

Yes, experiencing same problem. Users with Excel 2003 can't print it at all. User with Excel 2016 prints. One of 2 users with Excel 2010 able to print.

0 Cheers
Simple Man
Level 1

PRoseries blamed the HP printer drivers - did an up date of the drivers and printer firmware

Proseries then blamed my WIN 10 install which was completely up dated to the most current version.

Reinstalled excel.  still no print

Work around go to tools - client presentation - view in excel - then able to print.

thanks for nothing proseries tech support, lol  

0 Cheers

Yes, I've got exactly the same problem, and I've been using PS Pro for over 20 years, so I don't think it's user error.  There must be an update coming to fix this?  I get an error that is "unsolvable" when I command the Client Review to print.  

0 Cheers
Simple Man
Level 1

Jay

to print go to 

tools

then client presentation 

then VIEW

is should export to excell and you can print from there

0 Cheers

Thanks, but this output is for clients to read, so I'm not interested in Excel format.  The former Client Presentation and Tax Advice comments that what's missing, and I assume Intuit is going to put an update in to get this valuable report working again for CLIENTS.  If you get a solution, please post a reply.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Could you post the exact error you are seeing? And can you confirm you are attempting to print via the "Client Presentation" entry in "Print Selected Forms" in the Print Center?

0 Cheers

Thanks.  When I try to print the Client Presentation from Tools, I get the "Need Excel 2003 or newer (and I have up-to-date Excel via Office On-Line).  When I try to print the Client Presentation from the Print Forms menus, I get

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application.  Library.initize error_ErrFormat".  

I think I should reinstall the whole 2020 ProSeries application?  

0 Cheers

The Presentation ALWAYS used to automatically print with every Client Copy of every return.  Plus, there is NO "Tax Advice" tips printing anymore.  Surely I am not the only one with this situation?  Any tips are appreciated.  

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you

• open Windows File Explorer
  • navigate to your ProSeries installation
  • click into your /common directory

Do you see a file called ExcellPresentation.xls.bak?  If so make a copy of it, named ExcelPresentationTest.xls, and then double click it.  What happens?  You should get our template file.. i'm wondering if you get any warnings or errors.

If it opens fine, what happens if you try to view the client presentation from within ProSeries (Open a Client, Choose Tools -> Client Presentation -> View Client Presentation in Excel...)?

Finally, what is the exact version of excel? On my computer, if I click on the Excel "Account" link I see I'm on "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019", with Excel Version 2101 (Build 13628.20448)

0 Cheers

Thanks.  I found the Excel "test" file, and when I double click it, I do get the Client Presentation template, so that's good.  However, nothing I can do will get the Client Report to display from inside ProSeries.  You know is it possible Intuit has made the Client Report non-functional unless I pay $120/month for hosting?  I sure hope not.  I need this repaired, and if I have to buy a standalone version of Excel for my C drive, I will do that.  But something has changed this year, and I'm not happy about it.  Any other tips before I spend endless hours trying to reach support?  

0 Cheers

Currently I have that same type of Office 365 subscription (which is up to date) as I had last year, and I've never had a Client Presentation print problem in 20 years.  Something has changed.  Thanks.   

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Are you still able to Print Tax Year 2019 Client Presentations?

What happens if you try to view the client presentation in Tax Year 20 from within ProSeries (Open a Client, Choose Tools -> Client Presentation -> View Client Presentation in Excel...)?

A screenshot would be ideal; if you're not sure how to do that an exact description of the error would be helpful.  I'd like to isolate if this is a print issue or an issue with opening the file in Excel from ProSeries.

0 Cheers
Simple Man
Level 1

I gave up on viewing presentation in side the program,  I view and print in excel 

0 Cheers

Thanks so much for any help.  I've got screenshots.  2019 Proseries gives me the same errors.  Don't know what has happened, Excel 365 was not a problem last year.   

ProSeries Client Presentation error #3.pngProSeries Client Presentation error #2.pngProSeries Client Presentation error #1.png

0 Cheers

Hi Orlando.  I've provided screenshots of the errors in my previous message.  I am a very loyal customer for many years, can you please look at the screen shots of the errors and give me some advice on why no Client Presentations or Tax Advice reports will print.  This has never been a problem with Excel Office 365 in prior years. 

Thank you.  [personal information redacted] 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

What is the exact version of Excel Office 365? Ideally i'd try to install that exact version and see if I can reproduce. We're using a Microsoft Library to launch a Microsoft Product - I don't know why it's failing to load of all a sudden, but I'd guess an update to Excel or your operating system.

Also, can you 

0 Cheers

Orlando it's fixed.  Thanks for your comment about a Windows update, but that alone did not fix it.  I had a very large Windows update to install, plus, I used the Microsoft removal tools to completely remove a lot of old Excel versions from my HP i7 laptop.  Then, I reinstalled Office 365, and no more problems with the Client Presentation printing.  Thought you'd want to know. 

Thanks again.

Jay Chalmers  

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you very much for letting us know, and for figuring things out.  I will continue to work in the background to improve our error messaging in this case so that we can better communicate specifically what's going on.

0 Cheers