Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Load pslogR.dll

bulldogcpa
Level 3

Receiving error message:  Unable to Load pslogR.dll ::GetLastError() = 225

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Which tax year?  During install? or starting the program? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bulldogcpa
Level 3

Good morning Lisa,

This is the 2019 Professional Version of ProSeries (version 2019-03-00-12).   It has appeared the last two mornings, so I'm thinking that the overnight installer is not starting ?  I don't know that, I'm simply speculating -- because, when I ran the Update installed products this morning and it did install a few updates, when the program tried to start.  It hung, with the same error message.  I OK, through the message and the program does start.

Thoughts?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well, Im glad youre still up and running, thats always a plus.

I just searched my computer for that .dll file and I found it in the ProWin19/32bit folder with a "created" date thats a week after I originally installed the program, then it was accessed 3 weeks later when I ran an update.

Im in CA, so its still really early...but my first inclination would to be to try and run the Update repair tool from the programs menu, or maybe a reinstall of the whole program to see if that file gets repaired.

But since youre up and running, maybe wait and see if @IntuitAustin has any  thoughts on this?

EDIT:   Now that Im thinking about it, that date it was last accessed may have been right before I turned off the Task Manager so that it wouldnt run auto updates anymore (I like to have control of updates, so I do those manually), so it may be related to the auto update task manager log that gets kept.

bulldogcpa
Level 3

Thanks for taking an interest. 

Thorough trial and error, I discovered that that the update was prevented form opening by AVAST Premium Security.  Not the firewall protection, but the AVAST Sensitive Data Shield. 

For some reason, the Sensitive Data Shield selected the folder to protect and wouldn't allow the update executable to access it. 

So far, problem solved. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'm glad you got it figured out!

0 Cheers