Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two year state comparison feature

Dave B
Level 2

Good evening -

Is anyone aware of a function in proseries that would allow me to compare prior and current year tax return information for states, similar to the two-year comparison function for federal returns?

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

Pro series basic does Not, but I thought professional did. Drop down your info tab while in the state return or look under all forms.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Camp1040
Level 10

Pro series basic does Not, but I thought professional did. Drop down your info tab while in the state return or look under all forms.

Dave B
Level 2

Thank you!!, Camp 1040. It is under all forms. I also noticed it was under forms in use, which is probably why it was grayed out in the Info tab. 

Appreciate your response.

David

IRonMaN
Level 15

Must be a state by state thing - I don't see one in Minnesota.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I just found it, if you go to all forms,  select two year comparison, but if you select forms in use, the comparison  is federal only.

You have to be in the state return to generate the report, and you cannot use the info button while in the state module.

Caveat.. I use Basic

Always learning!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks, but I'm still not seeing it.  Maybe I'll have my seeing eye dog snoop around for me later.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Who would have thunk it? I went into my professional download version and the state two yr comparison is not available, as you stated, but it is available in basic...What a deal, and a feature I didn't know I had!

Yes it is. I just went into a NYS return through professional, it is under forms tab, select forms and then check 2 yr comparison while in the state view.

The option was not available for TN return although.