Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with the program?. Entered information into the program, save on exit and hours later when I returned to that file, all the entered info was gone!!!!!!!!.

pjw217
Level 1

Even files that had already been efiled...all input data was gone and it come up with several mistakes.  Initially, I had a developer problem and forwarded that error and problem to intuit and assured I would receive a quick response.  It was sent three times - Never once did I receive a response.  Then I had all these problems.  Your support even got on my computer and he tried a reinstall but it did not work.   After many many hours waiting for support and for someone to return my call, I deleted all of Proseries and reinstalled the program myself.  I had to add all the clients, re-enter all the info (i was 75% complete with my returns with many already efiled), enter their data , etc.  Alot of my time was spent re-entering all the client data. ; After each client, I saved the info on a flash drive. This was a disaster and for what I paid and noone got back to me,And this was the worst year for customer support - 3 and 4 hour wait times and then to be cut off. Even your support person could not answer or correct the problem!!!!!!!!! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Two months ago you posted that your antivirus noted your ProSeries program had an infection.  Did you ever follow up on that to make sure some kind of virus isn't causing your problems?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Two months ago you posted that your antivirus noted your ProSeries program had an infection.  Did you ever follow up on that to make sure some kind of virus isn't causing your problems?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
pjw217
Level 1
No and even support could not solve the problem - said it was a developer's problem.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Have you checked to make sure your hard drive isn't starting to fail?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
pjw217
Level 1
I have a new hard drive and no other programs have had any problems.
0 Cheers