Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmittal letter page break solution

regina1
Level 3

Is there any way to manage the weird page breaks? I get it that we can't print on letterhead and manage that. For instance, right now...  my letter has "Sincerely," on page one and nothing on page 2 but my name. No footer, no header, and just weird looking. I cant' change every letter manually and it's the first tax software that leaves things like that hanging. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since one clients return could have more paragrahs than others, that can happen....unless you go in and manually change things each time (and its not an easy task to edit for page breaks, Ive tried!), Im afraid youre kind of stuck with what you see.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I actually save a csl (client specific letter) for each client.  I always go to it (edit) and preview before I actually even e-file the return.  1) it alerts me to some things i might have overlooked during my reiview (those triggers are sometimes helpful), and 2) it allows me to address aesthetic issues like you mentioned.

I can usually fix all of those issues thru adding or deleting lines above/and or below the date line on the 1st page. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.