Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmission logs

farmboy1953
Level 1

How do I print logs for the entire year that show all returns transmitted for electronic filing including extensions?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
dkh
Level 15

Select  Efile>Logs>Electronic Filing Transmission Log

It may take a while to create but once it does there will be a box that allows you to select to Print

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im curious what you will use that data for.....Ive never printed any of the logs.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

When I send returns, I print the transmission logs.  I then print the acknowledgements on the backside of the paper.     Why????  lol good question

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I print the 9325 for the client, but as long as I see it in my accepted tab of the EFCenter, thats good enough for me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

@farmboy1953 @Just-Lisa-Now- @dkh it may be a good idea at the end of tax season to print a log for all the clients transmitted .. ... I'm not sure but I think irs may ask for that if you ever get an office visit... So it may be a good idea to have it on hand in addition to all of the e-file transmission information within each client file... Just my opinion

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m not really sure why the IRS would ask to see that since they would already have those records on their side of the street.  I print the transmission stuff when I transmit the returns and print the acknowledgments when they come back.  I also print the e-file history for each client and put it in their file once the return has been accepted.  I have always done that for two reasons

1.  Just  in case a meteor hits my computer

2.  I use Intuit for my tax software - do I need to say more?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I think you're right Iron Man, but I thought I heard at a seminar or read in cpe that they ask for the list, and then choose about 20 or so to check... Also I'm not sure but don't they ask for the tax return when they audit someone and should they not also have that?.. not sure because I am green when it comes to audits, which I think is good...

IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven’t had a client of mine audited for a couple of centuries.  I do get a straggler here and there though who have either messed up their own return or had another preparer abandon them when the IRS showed up on their doorstep.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I had the State of Wisconsin ask for a transmission log for a return they either didn't receive or were questioning for a response on. Which I had to forward to them.