Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Partnerships from 2017 to 2018, getting errors.

Cousin49
Level 1

I am trying to transfer forms from 2017 to 2018. When I am in the Form 1065: Partnerships area and I click File > Transfer > Transfer Clients I have about 14 listed there and when it completes only 3 show up and I get 2 different errors. For most clients is says 'File exists, No overwrite allowed" for a few other is says "Ran out of memory". My computer is a pretty high end PC with 8gb of RAM with no other programs running in the background. It should have sufficient capabilities to complete this task.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may get a message when there are states attached to the client file, but the state program hasn't been installed yet.   

You may find it best to wait until closer to January to transfer clients over, sometimes there are bugs and glitches in the transferred information when you transfer when the program is so new (unfinished).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may get a message when there are states attached to the client file, but the state program hasn't been installed yet.   

You may find it best to wait until closer to January to transfer clients over, sometimes there are bugs and glitches in the transferred information when you transfer when the program is so new (unfinished).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Only real risk takers transfer their clients this early.  There are going to be hiccups and belches for awhile before things are running on all 5 cylinders.  Transfer a client here or there to try playing with the software if you like but don't live any more dangerously than that unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers