Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring clients

linda2
Level 5

Do we think it's ok to transfer clients from 2021 to 2022? 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I setup a new computer this morning and I ran with scissors and transferred clients in the process.  May God have mercy on my soul 😰

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

I setup a new computer this morning and I ran with scissors and transferred clients in the process.  May God have mercy on my soul 😰

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Forms search shows 1065 and 1120S basic forms available end of this week.  I'll transfer those at that time.  Won't transfer 1040's for a while longer.  Too many bad memories of things blowing up.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Yes, I agree there have been problems transferring too early.  Think I might wait as well.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

In the past I've transferred all clients to the new tax year then as client info came in I'd delete their file and retransfer just to be sure I had a "bug free" file.

hankinstax
Level 5

I highly recommend you do not transfer any more clients than you need right now.  I can tell you many horror stories about transferring clients prior to giving Intuit time to work out the bugs.  Remember, it only takes a few seconds to tranfer a single client when you need it.