Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer e-filed completed returns for this year from a fan has failed desk top computer to the laptop computer which I am using now for filing the returns for my clients (I use ProSeries Basic software)?

joanchao111
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can take the desktop to a computer shop and they will move the files to your laptop, will be inexpensive if hard drive is good

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

" Transfer e-filed completed returns for this year from a fan has failed desk top computer to the laptop computer which I am using now for filing the returns for my clients (I use ProSeries Basic software)?"

Do you still have access to the hard drive of the computer that doesnt work?  Or do you have some kind of backup program running and storing your clients files in the cloud?

Intuit doesnt keep backups for you, so you need to have them somewhere in order to move them to the other system..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can take the desktop to a computer shop and they will move the files to your laptop, will be inexpensive if hard drive is good

joanchao111
Level 1

If I don't transfer those returns (e-filed before 3/25/2020) kept in the broken desktop computer, and just continue to e-file the clients' returns from the laptop computer (since now is in the middle of tax season, and I am very busy)  for the rest of this tax season, is that okay to do so?

0 Cheers