Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADING

gk
Level 5

Hi,

One of my client ask me  whether he can start a S corp or LLC and do trading under company name. His intention is right now he is getting 1099- B for m every year  and that has to go with personal return. If he trade under S  corp and LLC and show some other expenses so K-1 will have less profit or a loss. Please advise

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

What other kind of expenses does your client think he is going to sneak into an S corp that is going to be deductible on his personal return?

Slava Ukraini!
gk
Level 5

He said, rent ,internet, cell phone, office supplies, computers.......

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

so then he'll pay self employment taxes on the net profit, instead of capital gains?   

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
gk
Level 5

He wants to trade 100K . If he gets a profit, he will adjust with expenses like Rent, office supplies, office expenses...If he gets a loss he can show that is K-1 ( in personal tax there is a limit of $3000 loss per year). This is what he wants to know.....

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"If he trade under S corp and LLC and show some other expenses so K-1 will have less profit or a loss. Please advise"

I would advise that you are both a bit out of your field of knowledge.

"If he gets a profit, he will adjust with expenses like Rent, office supplies, office expenses"

Nope. That is not how any of this works. You don't get to "adjust". You Report what is incurred.

"If he gets a loss he can show that is K-1 ( in personal tax there is a limit of $3000 loss per year)."

Now you seem to be confusing income and capital gains.

I would start here:

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc429

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.