Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says Form 8829 is available, but my software will not download updates. It goes through the process and says No updates available. Is anyone else having this problem?

denisearrants1
Level 1

The 8829 screen says, "Update Available Now" but when I do the update, Proseries says "No updates available".  The form says online that it was Final yesterday.  I've been on hold for 56 minutes now to speak with Intuit

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 12

This sounds like something that happened last year. Update from Windows, not from inside PS. Win7 uses the Show all programs thing on the left lower corner, and find the PS folder. There is an Update in there.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
I think that just means to update now to see if it is available.  You really don't want Intuit to provide an update that is incorrect.  So I think people need to give them a break.  Once an incorrect update is released it is hard to defend your product.  I know everybody is in a hurry, but an incorrect update is not the answer.  The answer usually is wait a week, then complain.
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

This sounds like something that happened last year. Update from Windows, not from inside PS. Win7 uses the Show all programs thing on the left lower corner, and find the PS folder. There is an Update in there.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
is there a more detailed knowledge base article....lemme see
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
i cant find an article detailing updating from Win10. I've asked Ashley and Charlene. Im in no rush on this one yet.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yes, i see the issue too and experiencing as well. PS is having their issues this week. Lets see what they come back with. 

0 Cheers