Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries is requiring me to receive a code via email or text to use the program. Is there a work around or a way to turn this off?

HudsonCPA
Level 2

When I start or resume ProSeries, on some of my workstations I have to go through a screen in which I have to click on specific images (to make sure I'm not a robot) and then ProSeries sends me a code that I have to enter.  This process will become burdensome in tax season if a preparer is logging on a workstation but I am not around to receive the code.  The code is sent to my email or cell phone.  If I am not around to open my email or check my cellphone, the preparer won't be able to work.  Preparers in our office often will work will when I am not in the office.  Is there a work around to this process?  If not, can ProSeries turn off the process?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

This is not something you can turn off.  Each preparer should have their own login set up for Manage Users (which as the admin you can control- invite or delete as needed) so they can get their own codes should they have to go through the process , if you are not set to auto clear cache/cookies, it should only prompt every 90 days or if they are switching machines they are using.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

This is not something you can turn off.  Each preparer should have their own login set up for Manage Users (which as the admin you can control- invite or delete as needed) so they can get their own codes should they have to go through the process , if you are not set to auto clear cache/cookies, it should only prompt every 90 days or if they are switching machines they are using.

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) The problem I am having is it keeps coming up on the same machine several times a week.  I will go through 6-8 of the picture things before it lets me in.
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
I have the same problem, it happens almost every other day.  I am the only preparer and I have 2FA turned off and I am not clearing the cache.  I called support and they had no idea what I was talking about.
her59
Level 2
I have not been deleting my cookies and the program still remembers my sign in name.  Any suggestions?  Will it go away if I turn on 2FA?
0 Cheers