Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For days ProSeries wants to install updates and goes through process and then nothing.

jeffrey
Level 5

Every time I open ProSeries it says "updates ready to install" I say ok. It goes through the process, and nothing gets updated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

This has been reported and is being looked at, for now, you can navigate to your C drive, locate your ProWin17 folder, and within that your Updates folder, delete everything except for details.htm and then proceed to run updates again (you will be told there are no updates to install, but will populate those items back into your Updates folder, and then you should be good to go (ProSeries may need to close and reopen).

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

This has been reported and is being looked at, for now, you can navigate to your C drive, locate your ProWin17 folder, and within that your Updates folder, delete everything except for details.htm and then proceed to run updates again (you will be told there are no updates to install, but will populate those items back into your Updates folder, and then you should be good to go (ProSeries may need to close and reopen).

0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
great. I did that and now the software won't even open. Will try to restart computer. Any more problems with this software I should know about?
0 Cheers
gabletax
Level 4
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
@jeffrey please try to run updates from your start menu by going to the PROSERIES 2017 folder and select PROSERIES UPDATES and run from there.  Are you getting any error when attempting to launch the program?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
As a side note, the fix worked perfect for me :+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12
Me, too, for both 2016 and 2017.
** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5
Thank you for all your help. I only have one month left (using this awful software). Then it's on to a much better product by a competitor. I have had so many issues, it's not worth the price. Intuit even cut my cost 50% two years ago to get me to stay. NOT Worth it, even at the discount price. Today I only had PROSERIES open and the computer frooze. First time in my recent memory. Nothing but problems with this company.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If it caused my computer to frooze, I probably would leave too.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
OB2
Level 1

I don't have the Pro Series 17. I can't go back to replace my ability to update my programs.

0 Cheers