Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe versus foxit pdf files? New Dell 64 bit processors pushing use of Foxit? Is foxit acceptable format? 2019 and future years or is Adobe required?

johnoc
Level 3

Dell 64 bit computers are pushing foxit rather than adobe. Is this a problem when attaching files to tax returns which are being paper filed or e filed?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

They both create pdf files so it shouldn't be an issue.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

They both create pdf files so it shouldn't be an issue.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
johnoc
Level 3
will proseries professional require adobe or will it accept foxit as an attachment to e filing returns? will foxit be accepted by IRS and state agencies?
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
Foxit is not the File you will be handling. It is the tool you use to work with your PDF files, instead of using the Adobe product that works with your PDF files. You are never "sending Foxit;" you still are sending PDF files.

If ProSeries creates the PDF file, then there is nothing different here. The choice of which tool you use to open, view or Read PDF is yours. It's like the web browser. You might be using IE or Edge or Chrome or Firefox or Opera or Safari to browse the web. That doesn't change the internet. It changes your perspective, because you use a specific tool and someone else might be using a different tool for browsing.
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

Foxit isn't a Format; it's a program for managing pdf filetypes. Adobe is the company that created pdf and sets the protocol for how pdf is formatted. Any pdf program can handle pdf filetypes. You would need to know if the other program(s) you are using will support not having an Adobe Reader installed, though. Example: QB "calls" Adobe Reader directly, to launch pdf from the QB program, so having Foxit is moot. I can use Foxit for my own needs, but I also need Adobe Reader installed for QB to use it. The same is true for IE; I can use Firefox and Chrome for my browser, but QB requires IE to be enabled, because QB will use IE protocol.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers