Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no current QB file open.

Highlighted
Level 2

When I try to import QB data into ProSeries, I get an error stating "There is no current QuickBooks file open.  Please open QuickBooks and open a company file before trying to use QuickBooks Update."

I already have the company file open, but I still get the error.  I have closed the QB program and let ProSeries open it.  I actually opens the company file, but I still get the same error.  It simply will not connect or recognize that the file is open.  I feel like this is a ProSeries issue rather than QB. 

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Labels (1)
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 1

Im have problem right not using qb desktop pro plus 2020 Release R7P. Appears neither qb not proseries interested in solving problem

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@jftaylor 

And you expect US to solve the "problem" when you don't even tell us what the "problem" is?

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

@abctax55 

Sorry,

When I try to import QB data into ProSeries, I get an error stating "There is no current QuickBooks file open.  Please open QuickBooks and open a company file before trying to use QuickBooks Update."

I already have the company file open, but I still get the error.  I have closed the QB program and let ProSeries open it.  I actually opens the company file, but I still get the same error.  It simply will not connect or recognize that the file is open.  I feel like this is a ProSeries issue rather than QB. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I use Lacerte, so unfortunately I can't be of much help.

Try 'pushing' the file from QB instead of pulling it from PS.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers