Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change printing option for 1040 worksheet client copy. Support says operating as intended. Seems purpose of form is killing trees. Any other ideas?

txtaxmaster
Level 1

Form 1040 Worksheet prints with the client copy.  Under Print options, you cannot change the "if required" option that proseries generates.  Since when is a worksheet required in a client copy?  Does anyone know why this is working this way?  Proseries tech support says that the program is working as intended - that's all the information they provide about it.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitRichard
Employee
Employee

This issue has been reported to development.  It will be resolved on an upcoming update, tentatively scheduled for tomorrows (1/24) update.  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IntuitRichard
Employee
Employee

This issue has been reported to development.  It will be resolved on an upcoming update, tentatively scheduled for tomorrows (1/24) update.  

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@IntuitRichard this is a MAJOR problem.  I had an issue that I called in on and was told the problem my problem was unknown and I had to send in a file for them to see it.  They received the file and confirmed it was a problem.

I then brought it to the attention of the forum and @Matt105 said it is a known problem and they are working on it.

Why does every user of the software not have access to known problems so they can know to hold those returns until it is fixed?
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
@Ernie that has been asked 1,000 times ... but never answered
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@Marc.TaxMan I agree.  But I find it never hurts to ask again and again.  Sometimes they get tired of being asked and come up with a solution.

But it is a problem not knowing what bugs are out there!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I agree with Ernie. The problem is not knowing and not knowing when the fix is corrected. In the past, it got fixed in an extremely reasonable amount of time. There are problems that have been dragging on for a month. Someone needs to get out in front and calm the restless natives.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
The new forum is up and running and we can now log in with our existing user name.  That should free up a bunch of people that were playing with that new toy to get to work on the important stuff like making Ernie happy :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
There is a new forum?  Is their software any more up to date?  Where is forum?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/

For now they are just duplicating posts from here that they believe deal with tax reform issues.  Eventually, it will be a one and only and they will pull life support from this one.  RIP

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
So you need a new pic to get in there I take it.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
Here is the funny thing, talking with the Quickbook users who have been using their new forum they are, ahhhh...., less than happy.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I've visited with the folks over in the QuickBooks lounge.  They detest the new forum.  Funny thing is, the new and improved tax forum has the same look to it.  :worried::worried:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Taxiowa - your login from here will get you into the new forum ------------------- they just got that working this afternoon.  But at this point, other than looking at the interior decorating there isn't anything to see since the posts over there are just rolled in from here.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers