Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have any of you received a tracking number from IRS that can be given to intuit so that you can start filing returns electronically.

rbking1950
Level 1

I received a tracking number this morning that I want Intuit to help me get set up with and ERO so that I can start filing returns electronically. A.S.A.P. 

I know that I will be making application after I receive the access code from the IRS in the mail. The tracking code was set up by the IRS showing that I did have a valid EFIN. That said they could not send me the PDF, but some software companies were able to set up there tax preparer EOR so they start filing their tax returns electronically. sooner than the 5 to 7 days it will take otherwise.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

The tracking number is referenced on your IRS Application Summary, however if you are trying to efile for the first time with us (Intuit) or making a change to EFIN, Address or Business Name, we need to have a copy of your Application Summary in order to enable that capability.  You can find more information about that here...

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1605918-efin-facts-providing-efin-verification-to-...

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

The tracking number is referenced on your IRS Application Summary, however if you are trying to efile for the first time with us (Intuit) or making a change to EFIN, Address or Business Name, we need to have a copy of your Application Summary in order to enable that capability.  You can find more information about that here...

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1605918-efin-facts-providing-efin-verification-to-...

mettekherrincpa
Level 1

Did this today but did not have a tracking number, just my acceptance letter.  Am I going to have to find this document.  After I was accepted, I had no way of knowing I still needed the application.

0 Cheers