Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The state tax refund worksheet is defaulting to the sales tax deduction which is not carrying over state refunds when an individual itemized deductions the year before

swanners
Level 2

I believe this is a software error and tried to find a way to email it to support but couldn't fine where I should email it.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

This issue was fixed several weeks ago. If you had transferred your files prior to fix, you would need to delete and re-transfer your clients. If you've worked on any clients prior, you'll need to re-transfer the ones you have not. Either that or manually make change on the worksheet.

Seems many of you are finding out about this a little late.......

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

This issue was fixed several weeks ago. If you had transferred your files prior to fix, you would need to delete and re-transfer your clients. If you've worked on any clients prior, you'll need to re-transfer the ones you have not. Either that or manually make change on the worksheet.

Seems many of you are finding out about this a little late.......

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
First I hear of it.  Funny nobody else has asked that question yet.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
ROFL.......i thought the OP wrote that. :laughing: Dude, there was like 5-6 back to back postings of this issue.:laughing:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
There are? It took me an hour to log on.  I was busy trying to ID Stevie Wonder songs.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Poor hearing impaired folks.
0 Cheers
tctxldy
Level 3
I'm not re transferring 487 clients so the darn state refund will come over.  If you mark the box on the worksheet "Use this worksheet to calculate taxable amount"  it will flow the refund through to the 1040
0 Cheers
tctxldy
Level 3
Excuse me Mark the Box NO
0 Cheers
swanners
Level 2
Same here...it's just the fact you have to remember to do this or your returns could be incorrect...and to retransfer files would take forever because I would have to know the ones not to transfer as to override a return that was already completed and there should be an easier fix for this.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I transferred mine after the fact so I don't have the issue.  However, if I did, I think I would start the preparation process on every return by clicking on that page as the first step.  If I thought that dementia would hit me before the end of tax season I would develop a one page preparation checklist comprised of

Step 1 - Open refund page and check box.

If I thought the checklist was going to be too lengthy to work through, I would tape a Post-it pad to the bottom of my monitor saying - check the box on the refund page.

If I thought that was going to be too confusing, I would just retire.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
sort your clients by the last date you saved file.  Delete the ones you have not worked yet.  Retransfer ALL.  The files you did not delete will remain IF you select Do not delete under Transfer Options.
0 Cheers