Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The software gives an error when you put 6/15/21 as withdrawal date for IRS. And it is rejected because of the error. How do i override this and get it to efile?

kensuzy
Level 1

Have a client in Texas.  IRS extended texas residents to 6/15.  When i put 6/15 in the date of withdrawal for money due, software gives me an error because it is geared toward other 49 states of 5/17 deadline.  I saw on a thread that this error would not keep it from being efiled and to go ahead and efile with the error and it would go through.  Did not work yesterday when i tried it.

So.....Do i just have to wait til Tuesday for the software to work?  Or is there another work around.  Somewhere i read to turn off error checking and then file.....how do it do this?  And can i then turn the error checking back on for the remainder of my clients?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS isnt updating their systems for the software companies to use this new date, you'll need to pay by check or pay on the IRS website.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kensuzy
Level 1

so...they make the rule and then dont follow it!  Wow!  Thanks for the info.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I thought Congress made the rule, not IRS, IRS is just stuck having to deal with the fallout of changes made by Congress.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪