Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S Corporation program did not transfer assets from 2017 to 2018.

MalkochT
Level 1

I transferred an S Corporation form 2017 to 2018 and it did not transfer the depreciable assets.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CMS_VA_CPA
Level 3

My clients have transferred just fine- today and earlier.

Are sure that you have the assets in ProSeries itself or are they in FAM for 2017?  If they were in FAM in 2017 and you imported them into 1120S in 2017, they will not transfer with Proseries.  They are stuck in FAM and you must use FAM again in 2018.

If you are sure they are in Proseries, I would delete the file, run update, reboot the computer, and try to transfer again.

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to call support.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
rbynaker
Level 13
In the 2017 software, were the assets imported from Fixed Asset Manager?
0 Cheers
CMS_VA_CPA
Level 3

My clients have transferred just fine- today and earlier.

Are sure that you have the assets in ProSeries itself or are they in FAM for 2017?  If they were in FAM in 2017 and you imported them into 1120S in 2017, they will not transfer with Proseries.  They are stuck in FAM and you must use FAM again in 2018.

If you are sure they are in Proseries, I would delete the file, run update, reboot the computer, and try to transfer again.

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to call support.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Sounds like your assets are  in the Fixed Asset Manager program maybe.  Are they?  They have to be exported in FAM, and then imported into ProSeries.  

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers