Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries customer support standards for 2018 tax season

curt1
Level 4

I would like Proseries to openly announce their expected tech support strategy and service standards for the 2018 tax season.  Not the hours when phones are open, but the expected time to answer each call.  I'd also like to know if chat will be offered this year.

At this point, calls go to a person who attempts to direct them to the appropriate subject matter expert.  After the announced 45 minute wait time, callers are able to request a call back when it's convenient for Proseries. Issues: 1) If you are on the line when they call back, you start back at square one.  2) If the point person refers you to the wrong subject matter expert, you start back at square one.

Please be transparent with your users and let us know what to expect this tax season.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBoris
Employee
Employee

Hi @curt.  My name is Boris and I work for ProConnect Customer Success group.  I can provide some insights and we can also talk offline if you have some additional concerns.

We have been using our concierge group as we have seen an increase in transfers and customers did not know what team is best equipped to answer that question.  Our concierge team is also skilled to answer some general questions to minimize the need to wait.

Chat is not going to be a part of our strategy for ProSeries this season.  We have done multiple studies and customer sessions have shown that chat was not an ideal way to quickly and confidently respond to complex tax questions.  We are exploring best ways to offer this experience to delight our ProSeries tax professionals.

We are continuously investing in our product support and this year you will see a lot of new and exciting features.  SmartLook sessions with agents, schedule a callback, in-product Self-help, and community support.

Thank you for being a loyal ProSeries customer and we hope you have a great season.

Boris

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
27 Comments 27
IntuitBoris
Employee
Employee

Hi @curt.  My name is Boris and I work for ProConnect Customer Success group.  I can provide some insights and we can also talk offline if you have some additional concerns.

We have been using our concierge group as we have seen an increase in transfers and customers did not know what team is best equipped to answer that question.  Our concierge team is also skilled to answer some general questions to minimize the need to wait.

Chat is not going to be a part of our strategy for ProSeries this season.  We have done multiple studies and customer sessions have shown that chat was not an ideal way to quickly and confidently respond to complex tax questions.  We are exploring best ways to offer this experience to delight our ProSeries tax professionals.

We are continuously investing in our product support and this year you will see a lot of new and exciting features.  SmartLook sessions with agents, schedule a callback, in-product Self-help, and community support.

Thank you for being a loyal ProSeries customer and we hope you have a great season.

Boris

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@The Intuit Boris..............Chat was indeed a much "quicker" way to get answers to our questions (apart from the forum). Your phone support was non-existent last year.  Some have stated support is similar as last (I have not called support). I am unsure where your studies were conducted?

I find community support the best way to get answers. Between the professionals who gladly help those of us in need and you the employees. I would be interested in hearing more on "SmartLook sessions with agents" and "callbacks". Callbacks can be tough in season....
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But how often do any of the regular visitors here call support?  I am willing to bet my next Intuit paycheck that the vast majority of calls clogging up support really aren't necessary.  If folks did a little of their own research (Google really should be their friend) the phone calls at Intuit could be answered on the first or second ring like Drake.  So many users are either too lazy or too stupid to do their own research.  Do you think our little "gaurd dog" or "what does under 24" questions just happen here.  Those same folks are clogging up the phone lines with those type of questions along with the "when can we start e-filing" questions that swamp this place early in tax season.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
You bring up a good point. I rarely called support/used chat unless it was to report a bug. I also wasnt very active in forums except to ask the pro's questions re: situations/scenarios. Most people do not research before they ask. So yes, I can see a bog down.

I still stand by the chat function. I loved that thing. :smile:
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Plus @IRonMaN....I know im new but....where is my paycheck?????
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Same place as mine :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Dreamland?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Either there or right next door.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
yep

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
"when can we start e-filing."  Who is in charge of the counter for that question?
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
LOL.... @IRonMaN
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I've put ACME under a lot of pressure to crank out all of the counters that I need this year.  I hope the quality of the counters doesn't suffer.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
"not an ideal way to quickly and confidently respond to complex tax questions. "

I thought support didn't give tax advice, they only deal with program issues, account issues and such.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
busted   :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
I recall in the past when calling with a question most likely the person taking the call could navigate the program and trouble shoot the issue or provide an answer.. last few times I called it seems the call taker not able to answer the question and had to "check their resources"  for even what seemed to be a basic question.
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
@Just Lisa Now! ....Your answer is spot on, great definition of support's function.
0 Cheers
curt1
Level 4
@The Intuit Boris  Thanks for the offer but there's no way to get in touch with you.  As an Intuit employee, you have my contact info and can easily reach out.  Alternatively, post your email or phone number here.  All your competitors reach out to me frequently to see how I'm doing and how they can help out.  Again, I would like Intuit to publicly announce their service metrics to it's users so we can decide for ourselves whether or not you are committed to improving and helping us in a timely manner.  Own your decision to cut back customer support resources by openly communicating the process and rationale to your users.  Do so by sending brief communication emails and/or quick videos (instead of cluttery dismissable alerts at login) which I believe would prevent your most critical resources (your customers) from being left in the dark.  With all due respect to those volunteers trying to help out here, this forum doesn't provide solutions to my issues.  It does provide a wall for disgruntled users to vent on however.  I'm forced to call tech support maybe a couple times per year so when I do, it can't wait for hours or days until it's convenient for Proseries to respond.  Charge the lazy users who call unnecessarily if they're the problem.  If Intuit is strategically sunsetting Proseries, get ahead of the message and make the announcement.  I can think of no other reason why any service company would do away with meaningful customer service unless they were trying to steer clients away.  Apologies for the frustration.  Thanks for reading.  p.s. what's the blocked access thread on your profile comments tab regarding a "town hall that's coming"?
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
@The Intuit Boris I LOVED CHAT, now we love Ashley because she responds
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
True that @Marc.TaxMan
0 Cheers
IntuitBoris
Employee
Employee
@curt I will be glad to connect.  Thanks for providing me an opportunity to reach out.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"let us know what to expect this tax season"

I think you already know what to expect -

Calls go to a person who attempts to direct them to the appropriate subject matter expert.  After the announced 45 minute wait time, callers are able to request a call back when it's convenient for Proseries. Issues: 1) If you are on the line when they call back, you start back at square one.  2) If the point person refers you to the wrong subject matter expert, you start back at square one.

That's why a lot of folks will just post their questions here to save the aggravation.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
curt1
Level 4
Thanks but I'd like to hear something from the horse's mouth.  Hard to fathom this is the best Proseries can do for us.  
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
this is the best Proseries WANTS to do for us.  
0 Cheers
twalsh
Level 2
Yup, same thing, 1 hour wait.  I used Drake a few years ago, their customer support answered the phone immediately and resolved the issue, no wait, no routing to the right person.  This may be my last year with Proseries.
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
Not that you want to hear it, but I always choose the restaurant with the longest line to get in.  My wife says we can get right in across the street, but of course the reason is they are not as high quality.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I heard on the internet that Drake uses pink slime in their burgers.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Ummmm.....Iowa, I am with your wife here....i hate waiting unless they have a bar! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers