Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"...The employer identification number (EIN) is invalid. The firm's EIN should be nine digits, and cannot be all zeroes or all nines. Check and verify the entry." Clues?

bart43
Level 1

I'm preparing my personal return and have the following critical diagnostic: "

Circle alert
The employer identification number (EIN) is invalid. The firm's EIN should be nine digits, and cannot be all zeroes or all nines. Check and verify the entry.

I can't seem to satisfy this diagnostic. Help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Bart, you asked a similar question a year ago about an EIN diagnostic error.....your diagnostics window should tell you where the error is.  How many different places on the return have EIN's?  Your choices should be fairly limited.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Bart, you asked a similar question a year ago about an EIN diagnostic error.....your diagnostics window should tell you where the error is.  How many different places on the return have EIN's?  Your choices should be fairly limited.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did you mark this return as "Self Prepared"?  There seem to have been a lot of errors in connection with that.

Try changing it to "Paid Preparer" to see if that eliminates the error.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Wrong Forum......you are better off in the Turbotax forum. 

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@The Intuit Boris Maybe you can help this lost soul?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Psssst - when in doubt check out to see if they have posted in the past.  It prevents preparers from getting mad at you when you think they might be a DIYer. :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
uh-oh.....my apologies. I thought this person was.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I accept your apology ------------------- but I don't know if bart does.  But then again, it wouldn't be the first time someone got mad at us here ------------------- and it won't be the last time :smirk::smirk:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers