Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The file is locked by another user

Highlighted
Level 2
last updated ‎February 06, 2020 5:39 PM

In the home base view when clicking on a client I keep getting an error "the file is currently locked by another user" how do I fix?  I'm not sure if the issue is related to a bad path name or what.  The path name is lower case ''t" instead of  an upper  case T.  Does that matter?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 10

Last year I got this often with two Win10 PCs that I just bought. Now all are Win10.

The first best thing to do is close Pro Series, then re-open it. Next resort is to re-boot PC.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Highlighted
Level 2

I think my problem is because I'm using the desktop version of pro series and saving the client file to a server instead of my local drive.  Is it possible to do this or should I be using the networked version?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 5

I got this a few times last year. In Windows Explorer, find the file in the 19DATA sub-directory and change the file name. Then import it into your home base. It will work like a charm. Not sure what causes this problem in the first place...

Highlighted
Level 2

I think my problem is because I'm using the desktop version of pro series and saving the client file to a server instead of my local drive.  Is it possible to do this or should I be using the networked version?

0 Cheers