Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fed Information Worksheet does not fully display all parts: Part XI and Part XII do not display at all. I've tried rebooting and updating software/OS multiple times.

bstrickland
Level 2

I'm running Proseries 2018 and the OS is Windows 10, 64-Bit.  Also, the QuickZoom buttons for Part XI & XII (at the top of the information worksheet) do not work.  Screen shot of the issue is attached.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird.  Is it all clients or just certain ones?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird.  Is it all clients or just certain ones?

0 Cheers
bstrickland
Level 2
It is all clients.  And the screenshot that was attached was taken from a completely new return/client.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Only on 1040 returns?    I wonder if uninstalling the 1040 and reinstalling it would make any difference.
@Matt105   @Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) who do we flag for weird stuff like this?

0 Cheers
bstrickland
Level 2
Yes, only on.  All partnership, c-corp, s-corp and fiduciary returns seem to be fine.

How do you go about uninstalling the 1040?  Will I lose any client data by doing so, or will I have to transfer all clients from 2017 again?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You wont lose client data, you may have to do a Homebase Database Maintenance once its reinstalled to pull the client files back into Homebase.  I uninstalled the partnership module last week, just reinstalled it yesterday and my clients were all still there.

For WIn10
Right click the Start button > Settings > Apps   scroll down the list to ProSeries 2018, click Uninstall    It will act like its going to uninstall the whole program, dont panic, it wont!   Another window opens with a list of modules to uninstall.  After you uninstall, open ProSeries back up, Update >Select New Products, make sure the 1040 box is checked and update.

I believe for Win7, its under Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs  Uninstall PS18

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You will also need to update the Efile acknowledgments for returns that have already been efiled and accepted.

0 Cheers
bstrickland
Level 2
Just did as you suggested.  Uninstalled the 1040, reinstalled it, ran maintenance, and rebooted software and laptop. Restarted ProSeries and opened a return - the problem is still there.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im sorry, it was worth a shot  :frowning:   I tagged a couple of moderators/employees above, hopefully someone responds with a better idea.  It may take reinstalling the entire program  UGH!   We don't have time for these kinds of things right now!:frowning:

0 Cheers
bstrickland
Level 2
No definitely not!!  I appreciate all the time you've put into helping me out, and I learned something new (that you can uninstall modules, rather than the whole program!)
0 Cheers
bstrickland
Level 2
Solved the issue (after uninstalling the entire program and reinstalling it didn't work) by changing the program properties:
1) right-click on desktop icon
2) Click on "Compatibility" tab
3) Click on "Change high DPI settings" button
4) Click checkbox next to "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and set "Scaling performed by" to SYSTEM

After I did that, it solved the issue.  Hopefully it doesn't return.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Wow!  Good job on trouble shooting and finding that!  Weird that it only affected that one area of the program, glad youre back to normal!

0 Cheers
stvsac
Level 1

I had the same problem with the 2020 software.  I followed the instructions and it worked. Thanks for posting.

rrkaptivating
Level 3

Thanks for posting I have called the Proseries on this issue several times with no resolution.  I appreciate the hard work finding the solution.

0 Cheers
rrkaptivating
Level 3

Yes, I had the problem with both 2019 and 2020 after buying a new computer.  Thanks to Strickland I was able to getting both working properly.

0 Cheers