Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The economic impact payments have started hitting bank accounts....duck and cover it's gonna get crazier! LOL

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Labels (1)
16 Replies 16
abctax55
Level 15

Why the need to duck & cover?  Are the amounts 'wrong'?

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im sure we'll see even more questions about it now that real money is being handed out.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 11

IRS doesn't have website ready for checking status of the Economic Impact Payments.  Says coming mid-April.  Will be hard to answer clients questions.

BobKamman
Level 14

"My neighbors got theirs, they got more than I did and I have more kids!"

sjrcpa
Level 15

"Why didn't I get mine yet?"

ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Oh.....  I didn't think of all the down side.  I thought (call me pollyANNA) folks would just be happy to have gotten some of their 'own' money back.  

Silly, silly me....

I'm going home, to drink.  Chardonnay?  Tequila? Vodka martini?  Yes?

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
garman22
Level 12
Level 12

@abctax55 wrote:

Oh.....  I didn't think of all the down side.  I thought (call me pollyANNA) folks would just be happy to have gotten some of their 'own' money back.  

Silly, silly me....

I'm going home, to drink.  Chardonnay?  Tequila? Vodka martini?  Yes?

All of the above please and maybe like 34235324 pills of Xanax. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 11

Long Island Ice Tea ----has all the goodies mixed together

abctax55
Level 15

I like to taste my booze.. Long Island Iced Tea is too sweet. A local restaurant has something similar but it's frozen like a daquiry - called a 'wet woody'.  They are dangerous as you really don't taste the liquor.  You do feel it the next morning 🍹🍹

BobKamman
Level 14

@abctax55  " I thought (call me pollyANNA) folks would just be happy to have gotten some of their 'own' money back. "

It's not their own money.

It's my grandkids' . 

abctax55
Level 15

True that.... 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 14

Have any anecdotes on who collected first?  2019 return with direct deposit? Social Security recipient?

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 11

@BobKamman wrote:

Have any anecdotes on who collected first?  2019 return with direct deposit? Social Security recipient?

So far, I have a pre-auth in my credit union account listed as a "pending" transaction dated 4/15/20.  I efiled 2019 on 3/11/20 with direct deposit of a refund.

BobKamman
Level 14

From Newsweek:

Stuart Sopp, chief executive officer of mobile banking startup Current, told The Wall Street Journal that "a bunch of the first wave" of payments from the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act have started to appear in their customer's accounts.

Sopp said Current's data indicates that around 40 percent of the deposits so far were for $1,200, although some are as high as $4,700 depending on household specifics and other factors.

On Friday, Current said they had received the first government stimulus payments and will be passing them over to their customers immediately.

"We will continue to credit all accounts with stimulus transactions immediately as soon as we receive them over the coming weeks and months, so please continue to check your account balance in the app and know if you have not yet been credited, it is because we have not yet received your payment from the federal government," the company said in a statement.

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payments-1200-check-1497401

BobKamman
Level 14

You know it's good news when the comment comes from Treasury and not IRS.

"We can confirm that payments are beginning to arrive in some Americans’ accounts," a senior Treasury official told ABC News. "Treasury and the IRS have worked around the clock to get fast and direct economic assistance to hardworking Americans. "During the 2008-2009 financial crisis, it took the government several months before the first stimulus payments were issued to the American people. This administration has done it in just two weeks."

FACTS: CARES Act was signed on March 25. Seventeen days is more than two weeks, but it is still quite an accomplishment. The 2008 law was signed February 13, 2008. First checks and direct deposits were issued May 2, 2008 – two and a half months later.

garman22
Level 12
Level 12

@BobKamman wrote:

You know it's good news when the comment comes from Treasury and not IRS.

"We can confirm that payments are beginning to arrive in some Americans’ accounts," a senior Treasury official told ABC News. "Treasury and the IRS have worked around the clock to get fast and direct economic assistance to hardworking Americans. "During the 2008-2009 financial crisis, it took the government several months before the first stimulus payments were issued to the American people. This administration has done it in just two weeks."

FACTS: CARES Act was signed on March 25. Seventeen days is more than two weeks, but it is still quite an accomplishment. The 2008 law was signed February 13, 2008. First checks and direct deposits were issued May 2, 2008 – two and a half months later.

You know this administration loves to boast.