Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Proseries Basic Edition 2018. Can I make up a client checklist to give to my clients? I don't see it in Tools.

simensonka
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The Client Checklist is not part of ProSeries Basic.

As George says, you do have the option to transfer your clients to Professional and print out the Checklists (you will still prepare the actual tax returns with Basic).  However, from what I remember, I was not impressed with the Checklist.  You may consider creating your own generic Checklist to give to each client.

In the event you want the clients to have a very detailed list with their specific items (more detailed than the Checklist), you can give them the "Organizer".  Again, that can only be done within Professional, but you can transfer your clients there to do that.  However, the "Organizer" does cost money (either as a Pay-Per-Return or a $298 'package' with unlimited Organizers).

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15
@TaxGuyBill Can they install Professional and get this, even when they bought basic?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The Client Checklist is not part of ProSeries Basic.

As George says, you do have the option to transfer your clients to Professional and print out the Checklists (you will still prepare the actual tax returns with Basic).  However, from what I remember, I was not impressed with the Checklist.  You may consider creating your own generic Checklist to give to each client.

In the event you want the clients to have a very detailed list with their specific items (more detailed than the Checklist), you can give them the "Organizer".  Again, that can only be done within Professional, but you can transfer your clients there to do that.  However, the "Organizer" does cost money (either as a Pay-Per-Return or a $298 'package' with unlimited Organizers).

0 Cheers