Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AutoFill for companies when you type in the EIN on W-2s is not working.

WTSAbe
Level 3

The AutoFill for companies when you type in the EIN on W-2s is not working.  It's not a pressing issue but it should be fixed.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its hit and miss for me, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
WTSAbe
Level 3

It's not working at all for me.  I went to Company Lookup in Options and type in the exact number and it found it in the lookup.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have a few that I KNOW are in there but don't autofill....if this is the worst of my problems, I can live with it   

You may want to try replacing the EIN database files  in the ProWin19 Common folder with the ones from 2018 and see if you get better results. These are the files it uses.

eindb.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Im assuming you have the box checked to autofill EIN, right? 

Also hit n miss for me too. I know at times i've had a company entered before.

gary1861
Level 4

It isn't just the W-2 EIN's, the problem is the same with the 1099-R EIN's as well.  I am guessing it is the same with the non-cash charitable contribution address list.  I never know if I am going to get lucky or not, each time I enter one of these items.  In one case the client had 4 1099-R forms from the same custodian.  One was already carried over from last year, yet when I entered the EIN for the next one, nothing came up.  After that, it did work for the other two.  I am guessing it is a sloppy programming issue.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@gary1861 wrote:

It isn't just the W-2 EIN's, the problem is the same with the 1099-R EIN's as well.  I am guessing it is the same with the non-cash charitable contribution address list.  I never know if I am going to get lucky or not, each time I enter one of these items.  In one case the client had 4 1099-R forms from the same custodian.  One was already carried over from last year, yet when I entered the EIN for the next one, nothing came up.  After that, it did work for the other two.  I am guessing it is a sloppy programming issue.

I agree with the assessment.