Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convert a Schedule C to an S-Corp in ProSeries? Lots of assets so hoping there is a way to convert!!

traciemarone
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

The only way I know to do it is via Fixed Asset Manager.  Then you're stuck with FAM for the rest of your life.  You'd export from Sch C to FAM.  Import from Sch C into FAM.  Manually change the asset linking to an S Corp for each asset.  Then export from FAM to S Corp.

Is there a high school nearby where you could find someone to do cheap data entry? 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
rbynaker
Level 13

The only way I know to do it is via Fixed Asset Manager.  Then you're stuck with FAM for the rest of your life.  You'd export from Sch C to FAM.  Import from Sch C into FAM.  Manually change the asset linking to an S Corp for each asset.  Then export from FAM to S Corp.

Is there a high school nearby where you could find someone to do cheap data entry? 🙂

0 Cheers
traciemarone
Level 1
I will try that! Thanks!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 1040 and the 1120S are completely separate programs, you wont be able to move the asset list from one to another automatically.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I believe a bulk sale will do the trick for you. Try searching the database for bulk asset sales. 

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
But that won't get them into the S Corp module.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Oh, I see. Sure, that is true. I thought they wanted to get assets out of Sch C.
0 Cheers